These General Terms & Conditions apply for journeys wholly on megabusGold services.
1. You must be aged 16 years, or older, to purchase tickets and services from this website. No discount is given for children.
2. When booking your journey, you must check your journey itinerary before making payment. No refunds will be given for incorrect or duplicated journeys. Once completed, megabusGold.com reservations cannot be cancelled or refunded. However, while we will make every effort to operate megabusGold.com services as scheduled, where this fails to occur full refunds or alternative travel arrangements will be offered.
3. You can amend your megabusGold booking up to 24 hours before the departure of the first megabusGold service in your booking. You will need to pay the difference between the price paid and the next available price for your journey. If the new journey is cheaper, there will be no refund of the difference. A £1/€1 fee (50p/50c amendment and 50p/50c booking fee) will apply for each booking changed. If you purchase more than one ticket for the same journey you will only be able to amend the group of tickets and you will not be able to amend the tickets individually.
4. You should arrive at your departure point 15 minutes before the scheduled departure of the bus. This will allow you plenty of time to board and prevents any delays to the service. Please note that the departure gates at London Victoria Coach Station will close one minute before departure.
5. A maximum of one child, aged 3 years or under, can travel for free on megabusGold (day services only) with each fare paying adult. They are not guaranteed a seat unless a journey has been purchased for them. Children travelling for free cannot occupy a seat if it is needed by a fare paying passenger.
Please note: Children under 3 are unable to travel on the megabusGold sleeper service
6. Children aged under 16 years must travel with an adult (aged 16 years or older).
7. A valid booking reference number acts as the ticket for your journey and you must present this to the driver before boarding the coach. This may be presented verbally, in written, printed or SMS format.
8. If you have purchased concessionary travel within Scotland, you must show your Scottish Entitlement card and booking reference when boarding the coach. (Please note that English, Welsh or Northern Irish Concessionary Travel Cards are not valid on any megabusGold services.)
9. NUS Extra card holders must show their card and booking reference when boarding the bus. If you are unable to show your card, you may have to pay a £10 Penalty Fare.
10. You can take one standard sized suitcase (up to 20kg) and one piece of hand luggage. If you travel with more luggage than this, your additional items may be refused if there is no available space. (Frozen food and fresh meat, poultry or fish are not permitted on any megabusGold service.)
11. Electronic Cigarettes can be carried in hand luggage or hold luggage though using these devices on the service is strictly prohibited.
12. Dogs and other animals are not permitted on any megabusGold service, with the exception of assistance dogs (e.g. guide dogs).
13. Insurance is purchased by the carrier in accordance with our legal responsibility. All legal liabilities to third parties, to include damage to property and personal injury are covered. Our maximum liability to you for any loss or damage to your luggage, on megabusGold.com services under any and all circumstances is limited to £500 for all such loss or damage.
megabusGold.com will not be liable for any monetary loss or the loss of legal documents. This includes currency, valuable securities such as cheques, premium bonds, money orders, certificates, passports or driving licences. Items of significant value such as jewellery and portable electronic devices should be kept on your persons at all times. megabusGold.com can not be held liable for these items left unattended.
It is advised that you insure your luggage, especially if you are carrying valuable items, with reputable insurers against all usual and normal risks of loss or damage, to the full replacement value of the luggage, with no excess.
Loss of luggage or personal property must be notified immediately to a megabus.com employee. The passenger should also contact the company owning the vehicle on which they travelled.
14. If we have reason to suspect fraudulent use of booking references, transfer to another person, or other abuse, we reserve the right to refuse you travel on our service(s). No refund will be given in relation to fraudulent use of booking references.
15. Stagecoach Group and affiliated company passes are not valid for travel on megabusGold services.